Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 12 February 2023

One day in Saga

  I went to Saga to check a few things out, but it was one of those days, when birds seem to be generally absent. At the M dam lake were very few ducks. There must be a raptor somewhere, I thought.

Mandarin Duck, オシドリ; Baikal Teal,トモエガモ (Little Grebe, カイツブリ)



Sure enough, an Eastern Buzzard, ノスリ (I presume...)



At the road station / toilet stop were some Japanese Grosbeaks, イカル scattered around the river



They took off once they spotted me.



A few misses later I found myself at the coast in Higashiyoka. Hight tide at midday and no birders around, there must be a better place to be.
Below some Kentish Plovers, シロチドリ



Followed by a massive crowd of Dunlins, ハマシギ



Every 50m or so a Grey Plover, ダイセン was searching for food



A small group of waders, mostly Greenshanks, アオアシシギ but 2 of them had red legs. Spotted Redshanks ツルシギ?







Doesn't that look like a Marsh Sandpiper, コアオアシシギ?



There were no Avocets, no Oystercatchers and no Spoonbills in sight.
However, many actively feeding Saunders's Gulls, ズグロカモメ kept me happy.











At the most western end I found 1 Spoonbill... sound asleep


No comments:

Post a Comment