Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 6 November 2018

今津探鳥会, Starlings, Kestrel, Falcon

On Sunday, November 4th the weather was great. Sunny but not hot with just a little wind. I walked around the Imazu area with the members of WBSJ in our monthly meeting. All birds were counted and recorded. There were 2 Common Starlings, ホシムクドリ






A male Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ flew by



One Dunlin, ハマシギ all by himself skirting the waterfront. The water was so calm, I could see the reflection as well as the shadow



A Red Stingray, アカエイ feeding in shallow water



After the meeting some of us went to look for the Drongo (See previous post) In the same area were Northern Lapwings, タゲリ posing for me between some flowers. The sunlight lit up the metallic shine in their feathers, bringing out the colors green, blue and purple . Maybe the last colorful picture of the year.




The day finished majestically with this Peregrine Falcon,  ハヤブサ
Magnificent bird!







No comments:

Post a Comment