Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 3 March 2018

Bullfinches, ウソ / アカウソ

When the cherry blossom trees get their first tiny flower buds these birds fly in to eat them. They move from tree to tree and seem insatiable. I imagine they taste like a spring salad to them. The other day I went to this grove at the end of the day and sure, there were 7 or 8. Pretty grey females and red-pinkish males were munching and munching away. Though the weather was fine I could not take any decent photographs. The birds were either too high up, or stayed in the lengthening dark shadows.

Coming back in the morning the sky was grey, rain was in the forecast. Some other birders had come. Always nice to have somebody to share the excitement with. And we got some results:






 male



female










No comments:

Post a Comment