Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Dusky Warbler, ムジセッカ? No way!

When I got the news about a House Sparrow in Kumamoto I laughed. House Sparrows are the most common birds in the Netherlands, where I come from. So, driving all the way to Kumamoto for just that, a House Sparrow??? Part of me wanted to go, just for the excitement and just to see it here in Japan. But I didn't. Went to Imazu instead.

The Dusky Warbler, first sighted in December, is still there. It is very secretive and moves like a shadow. But you can hear the call, a dry click as H-san calls it. I saw it, tried to capture it, but no way, it moves too fast. I waited until all became quiet. I was just about to turn away when a bird landed right there. I quickly took some photo's before it disappeared again. BUT... It was the wrong bird...Ha ha ha! :-(
Japanese Bush Warbler, ウグイス



No comments:

Post a Comment