Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 1 October 2017

September waders 1

Cruising the fields west of the city, looking for birds in the few water logged fields that are left after many rice farmers turned over their land to urbanization or different forms of farming

About 40 Terek Sandpipers, ソリハシシギ  stayed here for a couple of days




with some Red-necked Stints, トウネン





In another field nearby 2 Marsh sandpipers, コアオアシシギ




feeding synchronized


And some more Red-necked Stints, トウネン



  


I looked intensely for a v-mark, breast markings, a different pose and feeding behavior,  hoping to find the Little Stint, but had no luck. 
Still I was happy to find these common birds, like this Sharp-tailed sandpiper, ウズラシギ



A plover we saw plenty this year: Pacific Golden Plover, ムナグロ in various stages of  transition from summer to winter plumage





No comments:

Post a Comment