Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 17 September 2017

Oriental Stork, コウノトリ in Kyushu

Happy to hear about their return, I went to see these endangered birds right away. About an hour drive north of the city, in a muddy pond, only visible from a busy road. Not an ideal location, so I stayed just a short time. At first the light was extremely unfavorable.




However happy to see them, I could not live with this. I left and checked some sights in the area. I returned after midday to find them at the far back. Too far.


I didn't intend to hang around much longer, got in the car and started to leave, when I noticed them suddenly nearby. Quickly I parked our esther (estima) again and though I'd missed their flight, I got my fill :-)


3 birds, one returning female the other 2 young males. 


Magnificent birds


dwarfing the Grey heron, アオサギ









Would they stay for the winter? I hope the pond doesn't run out of fish!



See that big one there in the corner? 


You wanna go get it?


Oops, maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment