Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 18 June 2017

Looking for Pitta

I went to the mountains 3 times in search of the Pitta. The first time I didn't hear anything, I arrived a bit late I guess. The 2nd time was better. I heard the call. In fact, I heard 3 birds.First 1, far away, and later at another location 2, real close! One was only about 20m away from me, calling very loud. Another one answered from also not too far and...  I DIDN'T SEE ANY OF THEM!
These birds are notorious for being secretive and shy. I had heard similar stories. But I felt stupid. And frustrated. All I got was a glimpse of movement.
However, it means that they are there, and probably breeding too. That is great!

Birds I did see included a Common Pheasant, キジ



A number of babies, like this Varied Tit, ヤマガラ









A curious Meadow Bunting, ホオジロ



Lesser Cuckoo, ホトトギス



And one interesting encounter with a  Cuckoo, カッコウ


See next post


No comments:

Post a Comment