Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Ducks and other winter birds

A few weeks ago I went to the east of Fukuoka to catch up on some more ducks and other water birds. I got lucky with male smews in one of the ponds.

Smew, ミコアイサ













While walking around I happened upon this Common Pochard, ホシハジロ, who laid helplessly on its back on the boardwalk. After helping him back on his feet he fled to join his mates in the pond. I keep on wondering what would have happened to him if I'd left him there...



Then I walked on to see ducks at sea: Harlequin Duck, シノリガモ








 At an enormous distance I could barely make out their shapes at first, but waiting paid off... just a little. 





Would be wonderful to see them up close one day.

Other birds far out at sea: 
Black-necked Grebe, ハジロカイツブリgathering and getting ready to move north



And around the area: Common Reed Bunting, オオジュリン





 As well as a Black-faced Spoonbill, クロツラヘラサギ 
in company of an Eurasian Spoonbill, ヘラサギ






No comments:

Post a Comment