Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 31 December 2014

December birds 3 Great Grey Shrike

On the 23rd friends took me to the Yokoshima reclaimed land area at the mouth of the beautiful Kikuchi river. It was only my 2nd visit there and it was just as nice as 2 years ago. This time a Great Grey Shrike entertained us for a few hours. It didn't come close for quite a while when we first got there, but there were other birds, like Kestrels and even a Short-eared Owl to keep us happy.
Eventually the great shrike came to sit in his tree.






Catching a lot of hoppers, I didn't know there were still that many this time of the year.










No comments:

Post a Comment