Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 31 December 2014

December birds 2 オオハクチョウ, Whooper Swan;サンカノゴイ, Great Bittern

The surprise of the month: 3 Whooper Swans in Imazu. These big birds like cold water. Would they be a forebode of cold winter weather? 

オオハクチョウ, Whooper Swan






How big are these swans, compared to the Spoonbill in front!




Another surprise for me: The Bittern that's been hanging around, but never shows its face decided to leap out right in front of me! ヨシゴイ, Yellow Bittern  correction: Great Bittern, サンカノゴイ



Always glad to have you back for the season. タゲリ、Northern lapwing






On rainy days Snipes gather and seem less shy. タシギ、Common Snipes.







No comments:

Post a Comment