Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 17 January 2013

Uso, it's not a lie

Last week I finally got  a chance to photograph the Bullfinches. Their name in Japanese is uso, which is also the word for lie. But these birds don't lie, they are very real.


Grey-bellied Bullfinch, fem  ウソ 








                                                      Red-flanked Bluetail, female type  ルリビタキ雌タイプ   




         Yellow-throated Bunting, male  ミヤマホオジロ


Long-tailed Rosefinch, male  ベニマシコ



A day later: Grey-bellied Bullfinch, male  ウソ 





male and female



They love the young flower buds of the Japanese Sakura. With a flock of 20 birds hanging around I wonder if we will we get any blossom this spring...





one last female



今日の勉強   = うそ,  a lie




No comments:

Post a Comment