Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 30 May 2024

Mt Kuju area, 1 Tits

Just 1 day at my place in the mountains, but it was worth it! Only in May, before the rains come I can go here. Later it will be too wet and the bugs will eat me alive. I don't like to use insect repellent, because it keeps the birds away as well. So it was now or not. I sat there for about 2 hours, very unusual for a person who prefers to walk. The birds kept me entertained throughout and I completely forgot my urge to move on. Most birds were Tits. They were curious and came very close.


Coal Tit, ヒガラ













Willow Tit, コガラ







Varied Tit, ヤマガラ
Many of them were not shy at all and stopped to perch right in front of me.

More about other visiting birds later, 

Below a butterfly that I had not seen here before. Kojanome, コジャノメ








Looking for butterflies is fun. In the middle of the day, when birds are resting, butterflies are still active.

Japanese Labyrinth, ヤマキマダラヒカゲ





Looking for sap trees I found this one covered in bugs. What are they?
I will have to ask



Looks gross!



No comments:

Post a Comment