Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Chinese Egrets, カラシラサギ

On May 3rd I found the 2 Chinese Egrets, カラシラサギ feeding together in the middle of the mudflats - far away. The tide was out and the birds didn't come any closer. I left to run some errands. 




When I returned it was after midday and the waterline had risen, so I could expect the birds to be closer to shore. I found one near the island...



...and the other one towards the east.



Before the tide was completely in one bird came to rest on the partly submerged concrete slab



Besides the Great Egret,ダイサギ there were Whimbrels, チュウシャクシギ as 1 Far-Eastern Curlew, ホウロクシギ flew in





  The 2nd Chinese Egret arrived soon



All in a row, from L to R: Chinese, Great, Chinese, Great and Little Egret
カラシラサギ、ダイサギ、カラシラサギ、ダイサギ、コサギ



In the meadows were a few Cattle Egrets, アマサギ





other birds included Grey-tailed Tattler, キアシシシギ



...and Common Greenshank, アオアシシギ



No comments:

Post a Comment