Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 4 March 2024

Winter birds

It's cold, it's wet and it's dark. This winter lasts too long. I hardly leave the warmth of our cabin when I don't have to. Is this also part of El Nino? 

Spoonbills are wandering around Imazu. This Black-faced SB, クロツラヘラサギ has a bunch of spring feathers on its head. We are heading in the right direction!



Impaled by a Shrike I suppose. The bird will eat it when supplies are thinning out. 




On a sunny day a big flock of Greater Scaups, スズガモ drifts by. 



Spot the odd one out
Not only Scaups. There is a Tufted, キンクロハジロ in there as well





Great Cormorants, カワウ are taking a break. There must have been 500 birds



Swimming up river, 2 male Red-breasted Mergansers, ウミアイサ






No comments:

Post a Comment