Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 7 May 2021

今津探鳥会, WBSJ meeting in Imazu and some more

During the meeting there were very few birds of interest at first. Just the expected ones, like Eurasian Coot, バン; Little Ringed Plover, コチドリ, Zitting Cisticola, セッカ and some summer visitors, as Intermediate Egret, チュウサギ; Cattle Egret, アマサギ (just 2 birds) and Great Reed Warbler, オオヨシキリ. But then, at the other side of the river, a single Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ was waiting, a Lesser (?) Sand Plover, メダイチドリ and a Ruddy Turnstone, キョウジョシギ showed up, among the many Dunlins, Whimbrels and left-over ducks. At last we found a Grey-tailed Tattler, キアシシギ among some Terek Sandpipers, ソリハシシギ




A few days later I managed to get a few better images

Ruddy Turnstone, キョウジョシギ








Lesser Sand Plover, メダイチドリ
Greater Sand Plover, オオメダイチドリ



One of over a 100 Eurasian Whimbrels, チュウシャクシギ



Red-necked Stints, トウネン



The Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ (I think it's the same bird) was patrolling a lotus field and came right to the edge where I was sitting. So close I could not get the whole body framed!












No comments:

Post a Comment