Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 2 December 2020

Kanatake, November 18th

Sorry to be so late with all my blog postings. The previous two from October ended up missing and I found them in the draft folder about a month later. Ah well, better late than never.

This is from November, the Kanatake walk and some other stuff, all seen in one day


Egg mass, possibly of some Horsefly, アブの卵?



A puddle in the field held some small fish that propably got there through a drain from a nearby lake.



Dusky Thrush, ツグミ in a Persimmon tree, 柿の木



Yuzuriha, ユズリハ (Daphniphyllum macropodum)





Yamarakkyo, a wild chive,ヤマラッキョウ (Allium thunbergii)



Taiwanese Hototogisu, タイワンホトトギス (Tricyrtis formosana)



Left: Musashiabumi, ムサシアブミ (Arisaema ringens)     Right: XL sized Shiitake, シイタケ



Japanese Fire Belly Newt, アカハライモリ



 Gotta love this name: Beauty Berry, (Callicarpa mollis) ヤブムラサキ





Left overs of what once was a male Mandarin Duck, オシドリ



Apis cerana japonica (ニホンミツバチ)?
Western honey bee (セイヨウミツバチ)?



Mole cricket (オケラ)





Its funny feet are very strong. Holding it in my closed hand I could feel it clawing at my fingers



Can you spot the Dark Evening Brown, クロコノマチョウ Butterfly? 



What about these 3 キノカワガ、Blenina senex on the trunk of a China Berry tree? (センダン)







Male マユタテアカネ、Sympetrum eroticum



トゲナナフシ、Thorned Stick Insect



Eastern Buzzard, ノスリ






After the meeting broke up I was shown this remarkable creature, the overwintering larve of Japanese Siren Butterfly, ゴマダラチョウの幼虫 越冬幼虫



Look at this cute face!



At the same tree: オオケンモン 幼虫、Caterpillar of Acronicta major





In the drain near the lake was this edible-sized fresh-water Crayfish' I looked tempting, but I left it there.



Japanese Tree Frog, ニホンアマガエル  with a bit of an unusual color 





More eggs. Stink bug's? カメムシの卵?



Before returning home I checked out the art in progress at the tunnel. A farmer was burning his field. The low sunlight on the smoke made for an eery scene





Work in progress



Last critter of the day: a monstrous Centipede オオゲジ , Thereuopoda clunifera



No comments:

Post a Comment