Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 22 January 2020

Kagoshima part 3, Brown Boobies, カツオドリ

After seeing them in groups of 2 or 3 around Fukuoka this spectacle was such a treat! Around 12 birds gathered in a joined hunt about 50-100m from the dock of the harbor in Yamagawa.



There were abour 15 Cormorants as well, staying mostly under water - only their heads would pop up occasionally - and a couple of Black-tailed Gulls










It was the first time I actually saw a Booby with a fish. I suppose they usually swallow them the very moment they catch them - under the surface. Unlike the Cormorants, who eat their catch above.

















No comments:

Post a Comment