Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 6 November 2019

今津探鳥会, WBSJ meeting in Imazu

At the monthly meeting in Imazu 30-something people attended and 63 kinds of birds were seen. Better than average. The weather was cloudy, not good for color in my pictures, but good for many sightings.  Just a few images:

I started early with this Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ



Followed by a male Daurian Redstart, ジョウビタキ

 


In the reeds we heard voices of several small birds, warblers, buntings etc Out came a Black-faced Bunting, アオジ, a first for some new members



While watching the interaction between this Black Kite, トビ and Common Magpie, カササギ a Hen Harrier flew by. I was too late for a shot



Migrating ducks



Happy to see the number of Spoonbills increase. 26 Black-faced Spoonbills, クロツラヘラサギ
and 1 Eurasian Spoonbill, ヘラサギ were seen. 







Not a very clear picture, but these are both Grey Plovers, ダイゼン Common birds really, but we don't see them often here at the mudflats.



My second Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ of the day. A juvenile female?





There were more than 10 Saunders' Gulls, ズグロカモメ very busy finding food.









The flock of Dunlins, ハマシギ is getting bigger week by week



Number 3 Peregrine Falcon, ハヤブサ  I think a male, called a Tiercel
(I still have no confidence when it comes to raptors)







It's easier with the Daurian Redstarts, ジョウビタキ. A female this time



At the other side of the river I got a better look at the Grey Plovers, ダイゼン



Below between the sleeping spoonbills and the ducks, the 2 plovers and a Bar-tailed Godwit, オオソリハシシギ





In Imazu we see mostly Far Eastern Curlews, ホウロクシギ but these 2 on the lft might be Earasian Curlews, ダイシャクシギ





The Bar-tailed Godwit, オオソリハシシギ in action


No comments:

Post a Comment