Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 11 April 2019

Botanical Gardens

The beginning of the month was warm and dry. In the 2nd week a cold front came over, bringing rain and south wind. And that brought the long expected summer birds.  I visited the gardens before the weather turned. What was there?

Red-flanked Bluetail, ルリビタキ


In winter I had looked for this bird in the mountains near the city, but found them too shy to come out. I saw the pretty blue male just a few times. Now there were several in gardens and the park next to it, but all females, or as in Japanese mesu-type.

Long-tailed Tit, エナガ


Resident birds were busy finding food for their chicks.

Between the many Pale Thrushes appeared one Brown-headed Thrush, アカハラ



1 Hawfinch, シメ visiting the water fountain.







So did a small group of noisy Brown-eared Bulbuls, ヒヨドリ



And a Carrion Crow,  ハシボソガラス
What is it that he found on the bottom??? Looked like pink candy or chewing gum. He (or she) came even back for more



The smallest birds we have, Goldcrest, キクイタダキ











Last: a Japanese Great Tit, シジュウカラ



Some Japanese Robins had arrived, but didn't come out of hiding. I'd have to wait a day or so to see them clearly


No comments:

Post a Comment