Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 23 March 2019

Mountain area

Mandarin Ducks, オシドリ

In the beginning of March the water level in the dam lake is so low, the shores are barren and the ducks huddle against the stones. Despite the bright color of the male they do blend in somehow.









I hoped for a closer look of the 2 Crested Kingfishers, ヤマセミ but got only 1 from afar.



A loud singing Varied Tit, ヤマガラ was not concerned about my presence and went busily about his business.







We really surprised each other, when after a bend in the trail I stood eye to eye with this majestic
Osprey, ミサゴ



スミレ (Sumire) Viola mandshurica - Japanese Violets, 



シャシャンボ, (Shashanbo), Vaccinium bracteatum - Sea bilberry







キブシ  (Kibushi), Stachyurus praecox 





ツクシ (Tsukushi), Equisetum arvense - Field horsetail - edible



フキ, (Fuki), Petasites japonicus - Giant butterbur  - edible








No comments:

Post a Comment