Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Imazu on March 25th

I have been looking forward to this season so much! Full of anticipation I arrived in Imazu, but I hadn't expected this: A Raccoon dog wandering on the road. タヌキ (Tanuki)









Then there were the Common Starlings, ホシムクドリ 2 birds.






Further west we found this Far Eastern Curlew, ホウロクシギ all by himself in a dry field.



Together with T we were hoping to get a glance of the Meadow Pipit. I thought we had a fair chance, having some extra young eyes to assist in the search, but no luck.
Red-throated Pipit, ムネアカタヒバリ



Back at the pond there was 1 Garganey, シマアジ fast asleep.



In the bay, right in front of town: Great Crested Grebes, カンムリカイツブリ about 100, all in summer plumage now.






No comments:

Post a Comment