Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Wednesday, 27 September 2017

Phalarope and terns

The 4th weekend of September at Imazu:

6 Whiskered Terns,  クロハラアジサシ


Young birds with brown scaly markings, already moulting





Common Magpie, カササギ




On to Itoshima, where a Red-necked Phalarope, アカエリヒレアシシギ was taking a bath





Also at the same location: Black-faced Spoonbill, クロツラヘラサギ. Had he just arrived? Maybe not, I've seen a single bird here on another day this summer.



And 1 Spotted Redshank, ツルヒギ. Other waders had just been chased off by a raptor



Looking for color, Higambana 彼岸花, Red Spider Lily (Amaryllis) along a country road.










With this last splash of fire-red the hot days will be over soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment