Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 11 June 2017

June, the first week

On the first day of the month I drove around Imazu, not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised to find this Tern sitting on the fence.

Whiskered Tern, クロハラアジサシ










 It's hard to see, but he did get a little fish for breakfast from one of the two ponds, were a couple of Stilts were roaming around as well

Black-winged Stilts, セイタカシギ









Another bird that came to rest on the fence right beside me,looking sweet and adorable:
Barn Swallow, ツバメ



A few were frequenting this muddy field, gathering little bits and pieces that the dipped deep in the mud and took to away, to their nesting site.


 




I spend about an hour watching them, feeling content. It really means that there was nothing else to see... Suddenly a Skylark, ヒバリ appeared in front of my lens looking concerned, Was I too close to his nest?







No comments:

Post a Comment