Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 18 June 2017

Common Cuckoo, カッコウ

The bird came in from the woods, flying low over a field where small birds were nesting.
It landed in the reeds, where it disappeared briefly in a ditch. When it appeared again it headed for a nearby tree, from where he or she watched the surroundings for a while and then flew directly to that same spot in the grass, where it stayed. Was this a female laying her eggs in some other birds' nest? Most likely. I waited a while and watched the possible nest owners... was it the Zitting Cisticola? The Meadow Bunting? The Chestnut-eared Bunting? I felt sorry for them. But that's life.



  












Is it your nest? Are they your eggs she is probably chucking out?
  


Chestnut-eared Bunting, ホオアカ



No comments:

Post a Comment