Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 25 January 2016

SNOW!

It doesn't often get this cold in Fukuoka. I love it, I hate it. Going out of town was a wonderful thing.
The snow... it's magic!


male Red-flanked Bluetail, ルリビタキ





Eurasian Tree Sparrow, スズメand Oriental Greenfinch, カワラヒワ finding bits and pieces to live on.

 

It's hard to get clear shots in this weather



Funny patterns on the guardrail caught my attention



Snow on bamboo, what's weirder? Snow on oranges?


 



Very few people were out. Government officials had put the word out that it could be dangerous to leave the house, schools were closed, highways too. Why go anywhere? This lady made it uphill to pray for good luck for her granddaughter with her exams the following day. "Young people don't come here to pray so I'll have to do it"


Once more the Red-flanked Bluetail, ルリビタキ, who posed so kindly in front of me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment