Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 21 February 2014

Look who came to Imazu last week!

I left early on Sunday morning and didn’t think anybody had seen this bird here yet. But its size attracted attention from passers-by, mostly  farmers. I took the opportunity to talk to them and pointed out how valuable the fields here are for migrating birds and also our local Black-faced Spoonbills.
I hope they will become a bit interested; the Spoonbills are at risk, there residence, a little island in the river is slowly being washed away. Somebody should take action!


 Mute Swan, コブハクチョウ


The big young swan was not too happy with all the people lining the bank of the pond. It stretched its wings and left.
  




I went to the other side of the river where the family of Tundra Swans had been spending the winter. They were still there, happy as it seemed.








No comments:

Post a Comment