Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 17 March 2013

能古島, Noko Island in March


We are well into spring. The weather has been good with many sunny days and pleasant temperatures. It's great to walk outside, despite the bad air quality. Recently we're getting smog blown over from China. Many people wear masks, but I cannot get myself to do that. I love wandering in the hills, looking for birds and anything that’s alive. It makes me feel free. I don’t mind the cold, not even the rain very much. But the restriction of a face mask…  I wrap a scarf around my mouth. The masks aren't effective anyway.
The plum blossom is nearly over and sakura is on its way; something to look forward to. It’s a big thing in this country, you know and it grows on you.

A frequent encounter on the way to school on Noko:

Winter Wren,  みそさざい







Japanese White-eye,  メジロ


 The last plum flower


Pale Thrush,  シロハラ left and Black-faced Bunting,  アオ right




Coltsfoot or butterbur, 

An edible wild plant. I just managed a shot before my friend Chiaki arrested it for dinner.

今日の勉強  能古島 Nokonoshima


No comments:

Post a Comment