Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Thursday, 17 January 2013

Uso, it's not a lie

Last week I finally got  a chance to photograph the Bullfinches. Their name in Japanese is uso, which is also the word for lie. But these birds don't lie, they are very real.


Grey-bellied Bullfinch, fem  ウソ 








                                                      Red-flanked Bluetail, female type  ルリビタキ雌タイプ   




         Yellow-throated Bunting, male  ミヤマホオジロ


Long-tailed Rosefinch, male  ベニマシコ



A day later: Grey-bellied Bullfinch, male  ウソ 





male and female



They love the young flower buds of the Japanese Sakura. With a flock of 20 birds hanging around I wonder if we will we get any blossom this spring...





one last female



今日の勉強   = うそ,  a lie




No comments:

Post a Comment