Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 29 December 2012

Waiting for Japanese Waxwings in the snow

Shortly after that I headed out to Dazaifu after a friend had phoned to tell me about a flock of Japanese Waxwings that would occasionally land on a persimmon tree in his neighborhood.  It was a very cold December day with periods of sun interspersed with snow and strong winds.
I had to wait a while and killed time practicing on the thrushes that were helping themselves to the fruit, the ducks in a nearby pond and a raptor in the snow.

Dusky Thrushes  ツグミ





Osprey   ミサゴ




The snow came and went and I often wondered what kind of hobby this is. It was X-mas eve, I should be at home, on board of our cozy yacht Alishan, baking something for the holidays. But then the snow subsided and the flock landed and for a few minutes the tree was full of happy wings. 

 Japanese Waxwing ヒレンジャク












Another 2 or 3 attacks like this and the persimmon is finished.


At last the ducks: Common Pochards  ホシハジロ


寒かった!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment