Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 11 August 2023

Migrating birds after typhoon nr 6

 The moment the rain stopped I went over to the river to see what was there. Patches of flowering Water Hyacinths were floating, dragged to the bay by the current. Some waders were calling. I was full of anticipation.


At high tide, on the concrete wall. Greenshanks and Tattlers, as was expected. A few Terek Sandpipers were among them.


Off to the fields. First sight: Wood Sandpiper, タカブシギ Just 1 bird



At another field, also just 1



At a deeper part of a submerged rice paddy. I could not check the colors of the legs. Was this a Marsh Sandpiper? コアオアシシギ ?



  

Terek Sandpipers, ソリハシシギ 7 or 8

















Back to the mudflats at low tide: 2 Tereks ソリハシシギ and 1 Dunlin, ハマシギ





When the cloud-cover broke: Grey-tailed Tattler, キアシシギ about 8 birds





There was no sign of Stilts, nor Stints.
I hope to see them again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment