Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 16 December 2022

Brown Booby, カツオドリ in Hakata Bay

It was a grey winter day, when I received a message about a Boobie in the Bay. Despite the rain clouds I took the bino's and camera on my brisk walk along the beach. Something I normally don't do, because I end up spending more time skimming the sky than burning calories. But this time it worked out OK. I saw the Boobie and did most of my my exercises. And I didn't get too cold. Dangerous; this might cause bad habits!

One bird was flying between Hakata Port and Imajuku's coastline. It covered great distances in no time. Was it hungry? desperately looking for food? I saw it diving just a few times. Maybe there is not enough fish in the bay.
















About 100m from the beach were 2 Black-necked Grebes, ハジロカイツブリ

Too far to see their red eyes.


A Common Sandpiper, イソシギ skirting the waves


Followed by a Kentish Plover, シロチドリ


My neighbor the Blue Rock Thrush, イソヒヨドリ looking out while the fishing boats returned to the harbor



Drying its wings, a Great Cormorant, カワウ



No comments:

Post a Comment