Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 29 September 2019

Varied Tit, ヤマガラ

Early autumn many trees are fruiting. Birds gather to eat the fruit, nuts and/or seed. Varied Tits love the seeds of the Japanese Snowbell tree, エゴノキ




















Red-rumped Swallows, コシアカツバメ. Around 60 birds flew over the fields after a typhoon. I could not see where they went to rest



In the pond nearby a couple of Little Grebes, カイツブリ just had their 5 chicks. A little late, but now that they survived this typhoon they might make it to winter





Japanese Snowbell tree, エゴノキ, flowering in May 

 




1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Your blog has been a fascinating read. I'll be visiting Kyushu in October. Do you have any suggestions for where I could do some birding during that period?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete