Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 28 November 2017

Asian Short-toed Lark, コヒバリ

猛禽を見に行きました
着いたらコヒバリは入ていることを聞きました
見たいですね!
自転車レースで出るわるかった、ちょっとだけみました。
それと後ろだけ、鳥の胸見えませんでした
不完全な気持ちです

On Saturday I went to Isahaya to see raptors. I didn’t know anything about an Asian Short-toed Lark, an uncommon visitor to Kyushu and heard about it upon arrival.
Oh, a lifer for me!
It would be difficult to find I thought, but other birders ensured me it came to the road to find food, so it would not be too hard. However, a cycling race was going on and that disturbed the bird constantly. I appeared just a few times for a few seconds.
This way I only got to see the little bird from behind and didn’t get to see its breast.

It makes me feel incomplete…


The face looks a bit like that of a skylark, but the bill is much broader, almost like a finch. The color of the body is rather pale and in flight seemed near white.








No comments:

Post a Comment