Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 22 October 2015

Looking for red 2

Missing out on the Amur Falcons in Imazu was a big disappointment. I decided to travel south in further pursuit and rove to Isahaya in the Nagasaki prefecture. After getting everything packed in the car I had a short sleep and left at 3:00 am. Driving on the deserted highways with the music system full on I got there in a high and enjoyed the sunrise


My welcoming committee of white egrets.



No wind and a little chilly, perfect start of the day.

Common Snipe, タシギ


I found several of the "usual" birds at there "usual" spots...

Common Kingfisher, カワセミ


...and several Kestrels on the hunt
Eurasian Kestrel, チョウゲンボウ



One pair of near-red legs:  Black Stork, ナベコウ






And a very cooperative Stonechat, ノビタキ on the Golden Rod, セイタカアワダチソウ



No comments:

Post a Comment