Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 19 July 2015

Brown Hawk Owl, アオバズク

Halfway July, when the big festival is over I get ready for the day these owls leave their nest. Only on the very first days we can see them all together. We can watch them interact, study their surroundings with their heads turning 180 degrees, try their wings and have a go at the cicadas. Their curiosity and joy fills me with energy. Much needed now that the days are so hot and muggy!


Mum (left) and her 3 chicks




Below the handsome male parent, watching the scene from the side. Very alert today.



What is Mum doing? Ruffling her feathers like a 'ragebol'



Stretching her wings.







No comments:

Post a Comment