Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 16 March 2015

Hokkaido 2015 part 1

We added a birding day to our annual ski trip in Hokkaido. The previous year I noticed a number of small birds around the ski resort and I had high expectations. That's hardly ever good...
The resort had nothing but 1 Woodpecker, a Grey-headed one, high up in the trees.

Grey-headed Woodpecker,  ヤマゲラ




The bird sat here for quite a while. I tried to work my way up to higher grounds, but the snow was over a meter deep. I didn't get far. There were a few Tits around, mostly Great Tits and Coal tits.

Japanese Great Tit,  シジュウカラ





Coal tit, ヒガラ










Not much, but the skiing was good.

'


(last photo by Jaap)


No comments:

Post a Comment