Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Monday 18 August 2014

What's new?

Now that Obon (Japanese religious festival, a bit like our X-mas) is behind us and all that TV business over and done with the days seem empty. Today's sailing schedule was postponed... again... So much rain, no interesting birds... 

Fortunately a Kingfisher came to rest on a mooring line not far from Alishan. Probably disturbed at his usual hang-out by the Tamori-cup boating parade. He made me feel good.




2 Common Sandpipers were there as well.



A short stop at Imazu revealed small number of waders:  Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ



Sharp-tailed Sandpiper, ウズラシギ



When this beautiful morning sky drew me to the seaside park...





...I noticed something odd:













An albino Tree Sparrow? That's what it seems. スズメ (passer montanus)



Too conspicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment