Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 22 December 2013

コハクチョウ, Tundra Swan

Finally, after a week of stormy days the weather cleared and the sun showed up, revealing white snow caps on the mountains. Jaap went that way for a run and I headed for Imazu at low tide.

3 Tundra Swan were cruising the river and the streams between the mud, looking huge among the abundant ducks and cormorants. I wonder where they will go when the tide rises…


コハクチョウTundra Swan





Other birds in the area included this ringed Reed Bunting. Is it true that they have problems with their wing feathers and that this could be caused by the nuclear accident in Fukushima?

オオジュリンReed Bunting




ミサゴOsprey



ズグロカモメSaunders’s Gull



ノスリ,  Eastern Buzzard



1 comment: