Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 30 June 2022

Narcissus Flycatcher fledgeling, キビタキの 巣立ち

I like to go to Kanatake, when I have a gap in my schedule and I don't want to go anywhere far. On June 28th I did and met some people looking for the Asian Lizard's Tail, ハンゲショウ that T-san had introduced on TV the day before. I was talking to them when I heard a bird call that sounded - different. Checking it out I found a bewildered fledgeling of the Narcissus Flycatcher, キビタキ. right beside the road. Soon the father appeared, making lots of warning noises. That must be the bird we'd heard on several occasions during the Kanatake walk. I'm glad to confirm that the nesting had been successful 😊










After that I looked for the Tall Twayblade orchid コクラン コクラン and found a few with flowers





It took a few efforts to get reasonable images of these tiny orchids in that dark corner



Ardisia Japonica, ヤブコウジ was flowering as well



Also right there a very pretty moth: Kiobimizumeiga, キオビミズメイガ, 26mm Crambid snout moth spec...



...and 2 Zoomushi weevils, maybe ヒメシロコブゾウムシ (Himeshirokobu zoomushi)11-14mm 



ニジュウヤホシテントウ
28-spotted potato ladybird



Gomadara Kamikiri Longhorn beetle, ゴマダラカミキリ



Caterpillar of some sort



Last the snakes that I often run into: ヤマカガシ、tiger keelback





It's hard to decide what lens to bring

No comments:

Post a Comment