Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 22 January 2022

鹿児島県出水 part 7: Daurian Jackdaw, コクマルガラス

 Last part of the Izumi series


There were hundreds of Rooks in the area, often sitting on the wires. I looked for the smaller birds among them, but without success. In the field they were easier to locate. Mostly between the cranes' feet. Of the 20+ Jackdaws the majority was dark grey/black. I saw just 2 birds with silvery white body parts.


Daurian Jackdaw, コクマルガラス







But none of them have those bright blue eyes as their brothers in The Netherlands


Migrating crows: Rook, ミヤマガラス

Not just a few


Last raptor: Eastern Buzzard, ノスリ with some Carrion Crows, ハシボソガラス (Corvus corone - has nothing to do with corona - I hope😌)








No comments:

Post a Comment