Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 11 December 2019

Buntings and a little surprise

The Buntings were everywhere in this calm day in the first week of December. Sometimes I get kind of depressed walking around Imazu, when there isn't much going on and I see yet another bit of land being cleared for buildings. I keep on thinking about the old days and what it must have been like before they put those big fences up, before I started coming here. But this day was good. It encouraged me to keep on checking 'my' points. 

Chestnut-eared Bunting, ホオアカ





Male Meadow Bunting, ホオジロ





Female Meadow Bunting, ホオジロ



Black-faced Bunting, アオジ and its friend of the day, Common Sandpiper, イソシギ





I was looking out for another bird, the Rustic Bunting, when there was some movement in the reed and instead of another bunting this little fellow appeared briefly. That fan-shaped tail must belong to the bird that I used to know as Fan-tailed Warbler, but now is called Zitting Cisticola, セッカ


Zitting Cisticola in winter plumage, セッカの冬羽 Surprise!



The Common Magpies, カササギ
 were as cheeky as usual and one flew in front of my lens. 



Then there was this place where at least a hundred Sparrows landed, all busy digging in this stuff that looked like saw dust. Eurasian Tree Sparrow, スズメ



What is this stuff? Fodder? Food for pigs?



Remember the 3 Mute Swans,コブハクチョウ? Well, They left briefly and 2 came back. So now there are just these. Does the one in front look a little more mature? Would it be parent and child? I'm not much of a birder. When there were 3 I saw the distinct difference in face between the adult and juveniles. Not paying much attention to them recently I lost track...
In front is a Eurasian Coot, オオバン



The Grey Wagtail, キセキレイwhich is called yellow in Japanese, chased off by a White Wagtail, ハクセキレイ



Farewell from our winter guest the female Hen Harrier, ハイイロチュウヒ




No comments:

Post a Comment