Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 15 September 2019

Migrating birds

Please note: some correction on the image below. The bird in the photo is a Ztting Cisticola, セッカ, Not a Black-browed Reed Warbler, コヨシキリ. This bird was not singing.  Thanx to the expert!

I drove to Imazu a little late in the morning. It was hot and a little windy. When I heard the first birdI wondered what it was. Similar to the song of Oriental Reed warbler, but different. There were a few birds, I think 3 2 Black-browed Reed Warbler, コヨシキリ



The tide was in and I could see some waders in the distance, but what stroke me most were the Grey Herons, アオサギ.  There were so many!  You could see them literally everywhere!



One single bird in a ricefield in Imazu, 3 more further west: Black-winged Stilt, セイタカシギ



A number of Far Eastern Curlews, ホウロクシギ were roaming the fields in Taromaru



アラ! 足





Coming close - real close! - to check me out



Around the waterlogged field near the pig farm: Intermediate Egrets, チュウサギ
They don't seem to like the river much. Do they eat frogs and insects rather than fish?



The lucky bird that caught a big hopper



Zitting Cisticola, セッカ



And then there were snipes. And again this year I cannot be sure: 
Common Snipe, タシギ ?  I don't think so.
Swinhoe's Snipe, チュウジシギ?





A fairly big bird, compared to the Curlew... Latham's Snipe, オオジシギ ?



Red-necked Stints, トウネン and again some Snipe....



Another remarkable fact: Where are the Wood Sandpipers, タカブシギ ???? After looking very hard for about 15 min I found just 2...



A rice farmer drying rice straw on the road. 




Thank you for your support, Mr. Hatano!

No comments:

Post a Comment