Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Cuckoos and Flycatchers

Please note the many corrections.  I swapped images of the female flycatchers, below. Also concerning the cuckoo and the raptor. Then, the unknown warbler got a name! Thanx to Mr. H!

There are lots of little black droppings on the ground, meaning the critters, hairy caterpillars, who dropped them are in the foliage, high up in the trees where I can hardly see them, but where birds can see them very well and who loves them more the the members of the cuckoo family?
It took a while though. They were flying around, but would not rest on a place where I could see them. However I did get a little lucky at one stage...

female Common Oriental Cuckoo, カッコウ















Grey-streaked Flycatcher, エゾビタキ



Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ  female, I'm sorry, female Narcissus Flycatcher, キビタキ



Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ male





Narcissus Flycatcher, キビタキ Blue-and-white Flycatcher, オオルリ, female



Dark-sided Flycatcher, サメビタキ



When they don't sing it's too hard to tell. Some Warbler,  ?ムシクイ?
Thx to the expert: Arctic Warbler, Phylloscopus borealis: コムシクイ


No crown



Japanese White-eye, メジロ



3 raptors were circling overhead. Eurasian Sparrowhawks, ハイタカ Grey-faced Buzzard, サシバ 



 




Was still warm when I found him...  Oriental Cuckoo, ツツドリ


I really have to take my time and pay more attention. It's a learning curve!

No comments:

Post a Comment