Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 2 August 2018

More fireworks: Ohorikoen.

Thanks to a friend I got the chance to see the show from the top of a nearby office building. So I arrived armed with my usual gear and was instantly confronted with a high wall. I was just able to look over the rim. That wouldn't do I thought, so with help I climbed on a ridge. Suddenly the whole scene 9 floors below me: the crowd, the traffic, the lights got hold of me. Wow! This was scary!!! I grabbed the wall with both hands and slowly adjusted myself. After a few minutes I felt comfortable enough to let go of one hand and I grabbed the camera. I placed it in front of me, on the wall and started shooting. Not being able to look through the viewfinder (grateful for my swiveling screen!) nor stepping down to go get a torch, a drink, a bite I just hung in there - literally - for 90 minutes....























No comments:

Post a Comment