Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 1 October 2017

September waders 2

Closer to home about 80 Stint came to feed on a sandy beach. A nice change from all those grey and muddy images! Red-necked Stints, トウネン









Again no strangers from Europe or the like, but there was this one with a tag. I reported it to the Institute for Ornithology in Yamashina and was told the bird got flagged 2 weeks before in Watari-cho in Miyage-ken.


Snipes are also returning in groups. The harder I look for all the different markings, the more I get confused. but I guess these are all Common Snipes. 





Back to the mu: Another small wader, Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ 






And one single Common Greenshank, アオアシシギ  correction: (Thank you, T!) Marsh Sandpiper, コアオアシシギ


Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment