Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 27 August 2017

Today's waders,

Birds are on the move. It's coming and going of migrators. This is what I saw today (Aug 27) at the usual fields west of Fukuoka city:

 3 Black-winged Stilts, セイタカシギ
Maybe a family with 1 young bird, though the other 2 seem young as well.









Redshank, アカアシシギ







Getting chased around a bit by the Stilts



below with one of many Wood Sandpipers, タカブシギ



5 Red-necked Stints, トウネン











Golden Plover, ムナグロ A number of these birds flew in, at least 5. But they disappeared soon in the thick grass. Just 1 stayed behind to pose for me.









Long-toed Stint, ヒバリシギ Just 1 bird showed itself briefly.  





Stopping briefly at the river I saw 2 Terek Sandpipers, ソリハシシギ 1 with a bad leg, 足が悪い




No comments:

Post a Comment