Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 25 February 2017

Northern Goshawk, オオタカ juvenile female

Walking around the pond I heard a lot of noise.



Common Pochard, ホシハジロ



Many ducks taking flight all at once can mean only one thing: A raptor has arrived. I hurried to the observation point and saw this huge bird struggling to... do what?







It looked like she was drowning a Northern Shoveler, ハシビロガモ



A Black Kite dropped in, wanting his share of the excitement.






The hawk lost her meal and withdrew to the trees.



She took a long time drying her feathers. Was she frustrated?
 



Look at those strong tarsi!



No comments:

Post a Comment