Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Saturday, 25 February 2017

Northern Goshawk, オオタカ juvenile female

Walking around the pond I heard a lot of noise.



Common Pochard, ホシハジロ



Many ducks taking flight all at once can mean only one thing: A raptor has arrived. I hurried to the observation point and saw this huge bird struggling to... do what?







It looked like she was drowning a Northern Shoveler, ハシビロガモ



A Black Kite dropped in, wanting his share of the excitement.






The hawk lost her meal and withdrew to the trees.



She took a long time drying her feathers. Was she frustrated?
 



Look at those strong tarsi!



No comments:

Post a Comment