Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 17 January 2017

A sunny winter day

Today was supposed to be a walk in the forest, so I didn't bring my usual photography gear. Just a 24-300 zoom lens for handheld shooting. So nothing spectacular and I vowed to go back with the right set-up some time.

We saw several Red-flanked Bluetails, ルリビタキ, male and female and some seemed very friendly.



Early plum blossom



Raindrops on the feathery part of some seedpods caught my attention





The Shiroito waterfalls were not frozen, but some icicles had formed in shady corners


On the right in the very bottom some fish can be seen huddling together. Are they cold?
A Grey Heron, アオサギ kept a close eye on them. 


It always seems strange to me to see these herons in an environment other than seashores and harbors. Not the Magpies, カササギ  below, they are like naughty kids, always near the roads, rubbish, gardens, always into something. 





No comments:

Post a Comment