Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Tuesday 8 November 2016

The last week of October

Though the weather is fine, temperatures are dropping day by day. The winter birds are arriving.
Every year I watch the first Redstarts with mixed feelings. Do I really like winter?


Daurian Redstart, ジョウビタキ female above, male below. 
Doesn't he look smug with that big hopper for lunch?



Asian Brown Flycatcher, コサメビタキ
Every year they come here, but a number of trees have been cut and this year I saw only one...



I like going to the city parks sometimes. Birds are so easy to spot and the well trimmed trees and bush are a nice environment for photography. Japanese Great Tit, シジュウカラ




male Japanese Pygmy Woodpecker, コゲラ
Always got to try capturing that red line on his head 





Daurian Redstart, ジョウビタキ again


I was hoping to see a Siberian Rubythroat, but missed it... And sometimes there are not so common birds passing by on their migration, like this one:
Red-breasted Flycatcher, オジロビタキ


Still around, the sun-loving, fast running Tiger Beetle, ハンミョウ





No comments:

Post a Comment