Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Temminck’s Stint, オジロトウネン

I thought i'd missed these little birds this year, but I got luck a couple of days ago.


There were 3 birds and 2 of them started walking my way.






They slowly picked their way along the edge of the field, while the 3rd bird stayed behind with the other Stints

 nr 3

This one below didn't seem to be bothered by me at all. I was sitting in the grass just 2 meters away.
Normally I don't approach birds this close. This time I had no choice but to stay put quietly until they decided to move on... I nearly missed my appointment.






These Temminck's Stints seem smaller than their Red-necked cousins and also more delicate. They make long journeys when they migrate to their breeding grounds. How did they survive in the bad weather of the last typhoons?


Found a little something to eat. いいね!

No comments:

Post a Comment